"Education is an atmosphere, a discipline, a life."
-Charlotte Mason

Monday 22 February 2010

Anxious over LEA visit, plus great web link !

Assalamu 'alaykum, and Hi ! to anyone who may happen to be reading this, Sorry I haven't updated my blog recently, haven't had much chance to come and write our weekly updates, which I must admit I thought I was doing really well at ;) alhamdulillaah, but we've also been away to Wales, we came back on Friday. It was nice to have a break Masha'Allaah.

I'm not gonna write much as it's really late here in the UK, I'm busy trying to organise some work for the girls for tomorrow insha Allaah. I also have the second visit from the LEA (local education authority) on Friday morning, this has totally shook my confidence, and I've been doubting myself big time in the last week, it's the whole 'official' thing and having someone judge the work your doing with your kids, it can all feel very overwhelming and intimidating, all in all I hope that it will be a positive meeting and that he will be satisfied with my efforts insha Allaah. Will try my best to update on how it goes.

Before I go, I just want to make mention of an excellent phonics website I've just come across, I was looking for some sheets to supplement the lessons in Reading Reflex, and this site actually offers free phonic packs, 6 in total, they're nicely set out and illustrated Masha'Allaah. I just printed out some of the worksheets for the 'oa' sound, Dd(6) needs alot more practice, and I'm hoping this will be just what she needs insha Allaah.

Thanks for reading :)



No comments: