"Education is an atmosphere, a discipline, a life."
-Charlotte Mason

Thursday 28 January 2010

Bit more on our trip to Thinktank

Following on from my post a few days ago, the trip to Thinktank was great, we definitely want to go again soon insha Allaah, there was a floor each for past/present/future/collections (I think!). There was a lovely part called kids city, and it was split into sections like, a dentist's, garage, health centre, cafe, street and they had a water area where the children could play with the toy boats and watch them go over the bridges, Ds(2) really enjoyed that part. I felt quite bad that I couldn't let him out of the pram much more than I did, I had to watch the other kids and he just wanted to explore, maybe next time insha Allaah I will let him have more time, maybe a day when it's a bit quieter, we went on a Saturday, so as you can imagine, it was rather busy.

It was interesting walking through the museum, and looking at all the antiques, there were some red cups which were made quite a while back, I can't recall the date now, but they were gorgeous! Masha'Allaah, would look really nice up on a unit.

We saw the oldest working steam engine, which was used to pump water to the canal between Birmingham And Wolverhampton, which was quite amazing to watch. We saw so much there, that it's hard to remember it all, we missed the human body section, which is a shame because we've just started to cover it, next time insha Allaah.

As I mentioned I did take some photos, not as many as I would have liked, but I was relying on my camera phone, which had limited memory. I'm still waiting for the usb cable to come, I don't know why it takes so long for some things to arrive, I ordered it at the end of last week, but as soon as I get it will upload some insha Allaah.

On a different note, I had my first visit from the LEA (local educational authority) yesterday, I was very nervous, I didn't really know what to expect, but alhamdulillaah the meeting didn't last long, and it went quite smooth, the lady who came said that she was happy to refer me on to the assessor, so I just hope the meeting with him goes just as well insha Allaah.

Yesterday after they had gone, Dd(9) asked me ''Do the LEA have babies?'' Lol, I said of course they do, they're human like us! You just wonder what goes on inside their heads sometimes :D



2 comments:

Umm Tafari said...

As salaam alaikum, This is Adeela from River City Homeschoolers. Insha Allah, I will add you to my blog roll. Just wanted to gives salaams as well,

Naimah said...

Wa alaykum assalam ukhti,

Jazakillaahu khairan for dropping by, and for adding me :) will add you too insha Allaah.