"Education is an atmosphere, a discipline, a life."
-Charlotte Mason

Thursday 7 January 2010

Our day off.....

Today we had a day off from our usual routine, we finally went to the MHES homeschooling group meeting, which was nice, got to meet Oum Anas at last from Bizzi home educate, and some other really nice sisters Masha'Allaah.

We had a chat and some tea and biscuits, and then the kids tried some knitting, Dd(9) done well Masha'Allaah, she has tried before, and I did try to help her out then, just about remembering what my Gran had taught me going back about 20yrs! I was proud of her Masha'Allaah for sticking with it, and not giving up, even though I think she found it a bit difficult to start with.

Dd(6) started to make a pom-pom, and then I was determined to finish it when she got tired of winding the wool around, but unfortunately time run out before we could complete it, so will try and get some wool soon insha Allaah, can't wait to see how it turns out :D

Myself and Umm M took a trip to a couple of charity shops afterwards, my feet were absolutely freezing!! I so need some warm boots right now! , we picked up a few books, namely:

Hairy Maclary's Bone

This is the bear

Directions 1- Reading skills

Hello? Is anybody there?

Questions kids ask, about animals

Simple stencilling

The books were all 10p each, a bargain!

I was glad to get home finally, and put on a dry pair of socks! I do love the snow, but it aint half cold right now, and slippery!

Umm M, my dear friend, May Allaah give you relief from your aches and pains, and make you well enough to come tomorrow, insha Allaah, ameen, we're planning to visit a few more charity shops outside the area, no we're not addicts, lol, we're after educational bargains!!! Let's hope we find some :D



2 comments:

Umm Raiyaan said...

Salaam sis,

Are you in the UK? Sounds like it by the weather description! lol

Naimah said...

Wa alaykum assalam sis,

Yes, I'm in UK - Birmingham, seems like everywhere is getting snow right now masha'Allaah, I don't want it to go! lol, but it's so dangerous when driving though, my husband's seen a few cars skidding the other day.